Monday, July 1, 2013

Welcome

Maybe I should avoid an introductory post and just jump into content, but I feel like a small forward won't hurt. If nothing else this can serve as a kind of mission statement for me in writing in this blog. I don't really want to restrict myself with this. I can write about whatever I please on here. There will be a few topics that are going to be prominent however.

  • Dealing with my mental disorders
    • This is the one that the blog gets it's name from. I have been told that my primary disorder is what is called avoidant personality disorder. As you'll see if you follow that link, there is some disagreement about whether this really serves to be it's own disorder or whether it is simply a more severe form of generalized social phobia. If you've heard me talk about this then the second is probably what you have heard me call it, because I feel like it is more helpful to those who are trying to understand it. While this has been a very long term issue for me, more recently I have had a major jump in the levels of anxiety this creates. To be frank, I'm a bit of a mess right now. I'll be talking about the anxiety, fear, depression, and self-loathing which form the emotional base of my disorder.
  • Cool Stuff
    • I try to keep pretty up to date with the news, and that includes a lot of really neat science and technology. I also follow a variety of artists in several different fields and sometimes they will probably make things that I feel like sharing. If I find something cool and I have something to say about it, then it'll go in here.
  • Philosophy
    • Sometimes I feel like talking about some of my views on life which, while colored by my life experience, and thus my disorders as well, are not going to focus on that, but instead be more general. These will be editorial opinion type things, and will probably be mostly written using a stream of consciousness approach with minor editing afterwords. In other words, it will be how I feel on a specific topic at a specific time, and I will be happy to read respectful comments that disagree. I like to think of myself as pretty open minded, and I hope that if someone presents an opinion differing from my own that I find to have a stronger case, then I can drop some of my biases and change my mind.
That's about it. First main post should be coming soon and will probably be another intro post specifically about some of my disorders and how they have, to some extent, shaped who I am. Be excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment